Saturday 29 December 2012

Comedy Night (XBLIG) Review


 Comedy Night is available now on the XBLIG Marketplace for 80MSP.

Ok. I'm gonna hold my hands up and say, this has been one of the hardest games to review. I really feel for the developers. This game is one of the most original game ideas on the XBLIG Marketplace and the community have ruined it. I have attempted to play this game on numerous occasions and each time have been met with idiots who just shout and scream and play music down their mic. There have been probably two people who have attempted to make jokes. That's about it. So of all the time I have spent on this game, much of it was spent backing in and out of games, hoping to find someone who was actually playing the game as it should be played.
As mentioned, this game has a great, original idea. It gives us Xbox LIVE users a stage on which to perform. It is meant to be a stage for stand-up comedy, something to entertain the others in the room. 
The graphics are really good. It is an avatar game, which works well. But the environments you are placed in are nice. 
There are options to boo people of the stage, but for some reason the most annoying people weren't leaving the stage, and if they did they just came back.
I have been struggling with what score to give this game, seeing as I haven't really had the true experience the developer meant for us. 
It is with a heavy heart that I have given this game the score I have and really it doesn't reflect on the developers at all. It is the community that have received this score. 
Overall I would say skip this game, and that is solely because the community hasn't gotten into the true spirit of the game. Unless you wanna be annoyed by twelve year olds playing their CD's...

2/10 SKIP IT!
A code was provided for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment