Wednesday 10 February 2016

Guns, Gore & Cannoli (Xbox One) - Review

Guns, Gore and Cannoli is available now on the Xbox One and is priced at £6.99.

Guns, Gore & Cannoli is a fun little game set in 1920's prohibition. You play as a mobster, or a group of mobsters if you have a few friends and spare controllers, that have to tackle a new threat...zombies.

Now I first booted this up all on my lonesome and let me tell you it was pretty damn tough. It started off alright, but I soon found myself completely overwhelmed and died a fair few times. And, unfortunately for me, I can't really put this down to anything other than my own lack of skill. This game plays perfectly, controls are slick, responsive and simple to understand. I am just shit.

Even with some couch co-op buddies this game is pretty challenging, more so towards the end, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. And you won't just be fighting zombies either, the devs clearly wanted to melt your eyeballs as there are literally tonnes of enemies thrown at you, including other mobsters, soldiers and zombie rats. You don't even have to keep playing nicely with your friends as after you;ve blitzed through the relatively short campaign you could resort to going all Super Smash Bros. on their arses in the multiplayer mode. Unfortunately though you won't be able to enjoy this game with anyone other than the people that visit you, as there is no online functionality, a massive oversight in my opinion.

Guns, Gore & Cannoli does provide a lot of fun for it's relatively small price. But the fun is short-lived, with a campaign that can be completed in an evening and a multiplayer mode, that whilst it's fun is limited to only local multiplayer. I still recommend picking it up though if you have £7 burning a whole in your digital pocket.

7/10 TRY IT!
A code was provided for the purpose of this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment