Tuesday 29 September 2015

GunWorld Xbox One Edition (Xbox One) - Review

GunWorld: Xbox One Edition is available now on the Xbox One and is priced at $1.99 (US only).

I think I'm getting less patient as I get older. Actually I know I'm getting less patient, especially when I have to venture into the outside world with my family *shudder*. But this impatience is spreading into my gaming life. I have absolutely no patience at all for games that are incredibly difficult for no other reason but to piss off the player anymore. I find them more frustrating than I can handle these days and end up snapping at my poor fella if he dares speak to me after dying yet another time.

So maybe I'm the wrong person to be reviewing a game such as GunWorld. But I'm the only one here and I like to give my readers a variety of games to read about. So I sat down and prepared for the ultimate in frustration gaming.

If you don't know about GunWorld you may be wondering why I was so prepared for anger. I spoke to the developer on Twitter about GunWorld a little before I got hands-on with the game. He delighted in telling me how difficult it was, for even him to complete on certain settings. In fact there is a prize going to the first person who gets a certain achievement; Child of the 80's. Get this and you will win every future game from the company. Google how hard the achievement is, I dare ya.

Up to now very few people have beat the final boss of GunWorld and I would love to say I am one of them. But I am not. Not even close. I find the game almost impossible to play. I'm afraid my review can't be nearly as in-depth as I would like. The graphics are a nice nostalgia hit and there seems to be a fair bit of variety in guns etc. But you know at this price if you fancy a REAL challenge just grab it. It costs less than a cup of coffee.

I'm not going to give a star rating because I can't play enough of the game so it wouldn't be fair.

A code was provided for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment