Sunday 1 November 2015

Whispering Willows (Xbox One) - Review

Whispering Willows is available now on the Xbox One and is priced at £7.99.

In it you play as a young girl called Elena who has the power to leave her body thanks to a necklace she is wearing, you use this power to navigate the spooky old mansion to find her missing father. The necklace will glow blue when there is a benevolent spirit nearby and red for the nastier, more menacing ghosties.

The story is expanded upon by gathering notes and speaking to every blue spirit you come across. Some of these blue guys will want you to go and do something for you, and you do spend the majority of your time in game having to find an item in order to progress. In a game with more going on this wouldn't be a problem, but in Whispering Willows it gets pretty tedious REALLY fast.

The game sounded pretty cool, despite the cover art looking like a cheap old XBLIG title. The game is actually really nice looking though, much better than I expected judging it solely on it's cover. The sound in game is impressive too, setting a spooky atmosphere quite well.

I can't honestly say that I enjoyed my time with Whispering Willows, I was just kinda going through the motions and with such great games out there and Fallout 4 just around the corner (squuueueeee!) who has the time for a game like that?! Wait for a sale guys.

4/10 TRY IT!
A code was provided for the purpose of this review.

1 comment:

  1. My friend mentioned to me your blog, so I thought I’d read it for myself. Very interesting insights, will be back for more. Poly Cotton Yarn

    ReplyDelete