Tuesday 28 June 2016

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride (Xbox One) - Review

Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride is available now on the Xbox One and is priced at £7.99.

I have to admit I find myself looking forward each time to an email from Artifex Mundi. They've become my ultimate guilty pleasure, my casual game of choice. There's just something so relaxing about a Hidden Object game after a long stressful day. Some days you want to shoot aliens in the face, others you want to give yourself eye strain trying to find five ants in a massive pile of junk.

As always with these games the story is a fairly cheesy and terrible affair that just distracts from what we're all really here for. You play as a woman on her way to her sisters wedding. She crashes in the woods after her horse is scared by a bear. The bear then takes her sister. There are some twists and turns along the way, but we all know I'm a spoiler-free zone, so I'll stop there. The voice acting is as hammy as ever and graphically it still looks like an old flash game, BUT I DON'T CARE! I have fun while I'm playing and after all that is why we all play games.

Grim Legends isn't breaking any stereotypes, it is unashamedly a hidden object game, the type that are ten-a-penny on Steam or mobiles. If you don't like hidden object games then don't get this - it's that simple. If you enjoy them then grab it, it provides a fair few hours of hidden object and puzzle fun on your home console.
7/10 TRY IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment