Friday 11 September 2015

Draw a Stickman: Epic (Xbox One) - Review

Draw a Stickman: Epic is available now on the Xbox One and is priced at £6.39 (or £4.47 for Gold members at the minute).

I played Draw a Stickman: Epic awhile back in my iPad with my son and thought it was ingenious. It was a really great little game that made fantastic use of a touch-screen device. How would it work on an Xbox One?

In Draw a Stickman: Epic on the Xbox One you can draw either using the trigger and the thumbtack or you can use the Kinect. If this had been released on the 360 I'd have immediately said don't bother using the Kinect controls, as it just couldn't deal with anything requiring finesse. Kinect 2 however is much better, and CAN and it works very well. You just bring your hand up with your fingers in an 'L' shape, pinch your fingers together to draw and then splay your hand to activate your drawing. It sounds simple and it really is, I only struggled with it cos I am extremely cack-handed. No-one else (including my kids) struggled with it even half as much as I did.

Yes my Stickman is AWESOME!
This game is a truly brilliant way for kids (and adults) to express their creativity. And it's a good little game too, that sees you embark on an adventure to save your friend gathering different pencils along the way that will help you get through the various obstructions. There are collectables as well, because apparently no game is complete without them anymore.

It is a game many of you may have played though, but I feel the price reflects that, especially at its current price of £4.47. It's one of the cheapest games on the Xbox One. It's graphics are cutesy and if you're anything like me, most of your drawings will look like a baby got hold of the controller, but that's whats great about it, the level of personal interaction with the game. And it's a TON of fun to draw your Stickman...seriously, I could do that all day!

7/10 BUY IT!
A code was provided for the purpose of this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment