Thursday 27 August 2015

Bridge Constructor (Xbox One) - Review

Bridge Constructor is available now on the Xbox One and is priced at £7.99.

Yes a game that has been out for quite awhile on mobile devices has made the jump to the Xbox One. And at over 4x the price to boot. Hmmm. Is it worth the money to play this game on the big screen?

In my opinion, nope. The game feels extremely bare bones. When I first opened it up there wasn't even any music, but I soon realised that this was because a half obscured picture in the bottom right of the screen had to be clicked for us to have music.

 This was one of the biggest problems with this game for me. The screen was too large, and I still can't find anyway to change it. I can't see how much money I have left, or a good third of any of the buttons along the sides. It's VERY annoying.

But past all that, this game just isn't very fun. I have it on my iPad and my son has played a lot of it on there. It just does;t translate all that well to the console market. Plus I think it's a little late to the party. Most people who have wanted to spend some time building bridges have already done it by now on mobile devices for a fraction of the price.

Skip this one guys. You know what you're getting unless you've lived under a rock, but is it really what you bought an Xbox One for? I know I didn't. My son will probably play it, so if you have kids possibly pick it up in a sale. He's the only reason this game got any stars from me.

2/10 SKIP IT!
A code was provided for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment