Saturday 1 December 2012

Demon House FPS (XBLIG) Review


Demon House FPS is currently available on the XBLIG Marketplace for 80MSP.

This game had my interest from the moment I saw it. Which is unusual for me, I think this is probably only one of five Indie FPS's I have played. I normally stick to the bigger budget shooters. But this looked a little bit new so I definitely wanted to try it!
The games graphics are pretty good by XBLIG standards, some of the other games released are just atrocious. This one looks pretty good though, not amazing but not eye-achingly bad either. I have a feeling most people will recognise this game as looking Bioshock-esque and it's true it does look like a poorer man's Bioshock, especially the guns.
The game is about you, an alchemist, defeating an alchemist gone bad. He's making steam-powered machines that kill by putting dead people's souls in. Nothing that new here, but again not too tired.
The gameplay for me is where this game really shone. Yes the story feels kind of old and tired and there are plenty of shooters out there with better graphics as long as you're willing to pay the higher price tag. But this game plays really well. The controls are familiar to anyone who has played a shooter before so there isn't any need to bash the buttons at the beginning to see what does what. The enemies are varied and there are plenty of them. The game just feels smooth, even when there are multiple enemies gunning for you.

For 80MSP this game should definitely make an appearance on most people's game list. As I mentioned it's nothing new but it works pretty well. And 80MSP is peanuts. So just Try It and see :)

6/10 TRY IT!
A code was provided for the purpose of this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment